– Good starting place: “Mindfulness in Plain English” by Bhante Gunaratana
– Some suggested authors (by Patrick Hamilton)
– Questions about meditation.
– Loving-Kindness Meditation.
> BUDDHIST TEACHINGS |
– The Big View: A clearly written, cleanly designed website about Buddhist teachings. The Meditation Circle has used the site’s pages for an ongoing discussion of the Noble Eightfold Path.
– Wisdom Publications. Leading publisher of Buddhist titles.
– Snow Lion Press: Vipassana and a full range of Buddhist title.
– Pali Text Society: Original translations of the full range of Pali literature
> AREA CENTER |
Bhavana Society: A Therevadan Buddhist forest monastery and retreat center near Wardensville, W.Va., founded by the internationally known Buddhist meditation teacher and author Bhante Henepola Gunaratana and others. They have a year-long schedule of retreats, including ones for beginners and youth. But be sure to register months in advance as people from form around the world and retreat spaces fill up fast.
> GOOD WEBSITES |
See our blogroll on the homepage
> OTHER WISDOM |
– The Tao Te Ching