Anything by the following well-known Buddhist authors will help you widen your perspective on Buddhism, deepen your understanding of the Dhamma and strengthen your personal practice.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama — Particularly his personal recollections and general works
- Ven. H. Gunaratana — A primary resource for Vipassana in North America
- Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi — Renowned translator and commentator of original texts
Ven. W. Rahula — Well-known Vipassana teacher
- Thich Nhat Hanh — Vietnamese Zen monk who incorporates Vipassana in his teachings
- Ven. Sogyal Rinpoche — Tibetan monk whose books are very accessible for Western readers
- Ven. Pema Chodron — Excellent writer on Buddhism in our daily lives.